Simakov Kirill – Russian art-photographer. He was born on August 15, 1984 in Moscow in the family of intellectuals. Married.
In 2006 he graduated from the University, Faculty of Indo-European languages. Taking a great interest in photography, Kirill began working at the National Portrait Gallery here in Moscow. He was organizing and conducting photo sessions of world celebrities and outstanding figures of art and politics, and curated exhibitions:
– “8 Stars”, Mosfilm, Moscow;
– “8 stars, part 2”, New Manezh, Moscow;
– “Tsoy and Others”, New Manege, Moscow;
– “Brodsky, portraits”, Castello Sforzesco, Milan;
– “Portraits of Outstanding people”, House of receptions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Moscow;
– “Portraits of Outstanding people”, Private Gallery, New York;
– “Brodsky, Portraits”, MMOMA, Moscow;
– “Star named Tsoy”, B.Sadovaya street, St. Petersburg;
– “Country of Victory, Victory of the Country”, B. Sadovaya street, St. Petersburg;
– “Country of Victory, Victory of the Country”, Park on Poklonnaya Gora, Moscow;
– “The best photos of Estonia”, Design-Factory FLACON, Moscow.
Simakov also was the editor of books / albums:
– “Brodsky”, photographs of Sergey Bermeniev;
– “8 Stars”, photographs of Sergey Bermeniev;
– “Summer Album”, photographs of Dmitry Medvedev;
– “Winter Album”, photographs of Dmitry Medvedev;
– “Tsoy and Others”, photographs by Sergey Bermeniev;
– “Star named Tsoy”, photographs by Sergey Bermeniev;
– “Country of Victory.People of the Country”, photographs of Sergey Bermeniev;
– Personal catalogs of the photographer Sergey Bermeniev.
Kirill photographed many personalities – Vasiliy Lanovoi, Dmitry Medvedev, Stephen Seagal, Michail Gorbachev, Boris Efimov, Paul Walker, Vladimir Etush, Al Pacino, Vladimir Putin, Alexey Nemov, Yuriy Solomin, Vyacheslav Fetisov , Woody Allen, Elie Wiesel, Maya Plisetskaya, Romero Britto, Irina Apeksimova, Zurab Tsereteli, Ralph Fiennes, Michail Gorevoy, Mark Kostabi, Alexey Batalov, Lang Lang, Deni Devito, Karen Shahnazarova, Megan Fox, Rymas Tuminus, Viktor Dobronravov, Mark Zakharov, Yuriy Medvedev, Vladimir Naumov and many others.
From 2009 to the present time Simakov Kirill belongs to the editorial board / group on the creation of book-catalogs-exhibitions in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Milan, Vicenza, New York, etc.
In 2012 he received a certificate of completion of the course “Marketing for photographers” at the New York Institute of Photography
2013, Kirill founded his own gallery Corner45 – author’s photos for interior decoration of homes and office space (www.corner45.com).
In 2016 he opened a working studio in Moscow.
Photo works of Kirill often decorates the covers of famous publications, printed in newspapers and magazines.
In 2017 there were his 3 solo exhibitions:
– “Borislav Strulev and Friends”, Conservatory, Belgorod (30 portraits);
– “New York or Nowhere”, FLACON Design Factory (40 photos);
– “Outstanding People. Portraits on Skateboard decks “, Design Factory FLACON (15 works).
2018-2019 Official Ambassador of Leica Camera in Russia
2018, The personal exhibition “People, Cities” was held in the gallery “Moscow”, with the support of WESTWING and the Nastenka Charity Fund.
In 2018 completes “Portrait Photography” course at New York Institute of Photography.
Currently, Kirill Simakov is working on several projects of Russian and world significance.